Additive Manufacturing Design and Development Engineer – A unique, varied and exciting role at the forefront of a manufacturing revolution.
Part of a larger Life Sciences group, we can offer employees the dynamics and opportunities of working in a small, growing team but with the benefits and security of a larger organization.
Based in a modern, purpose built facility on the Advanced Manufacturing Park, with an ISO:9001 quality management system and a global customer base, we have delivered some of the latest developments in additive manufacturing and continue to push the boundaries with our range of services that unlock the power of industrial additive manufacturing.
The Company: Addition is an additive manufacturing (AM) consultancy working with clients in broad and demanding sectors to create value from the industrial use of this exciting technology. We offer consultancy and other professional services through training, design for additive manufacture (DfAM) and supply of additive manufactured goods and technologies. We are known for our innovative but pragmatic business focused approach.
- Our projects are varied and diverse, ranging from short consultancy pieces through to full design for additive manufacture and delivery of boundary pushing products.
- We believe that if manufacturers aren’t using additive manufacturing, they can unleash huge potential in their business. We provide cost effective, realistic services to unlock commercial potential in an engaging, creative and pragmatic way.
The Position: We’re looking for an Additive Manufacturing Design and Development Engineer. The pay range we’re offering is £30,000 – £40,000 per year.
- We offer a unique role working face to face with our customers and our team to research, engineer and deliver additive manufacturing solutions.
- We also offer great opportunities to grow with and experience a dynamic company with a small but well-resourced team developing in new markets, from a modern, bright, comfortable purpose-built facility.
- In-depth knowledge of different additive manufacturing technologies and materials
- Expert level experience with 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferable)
- Degree or higher in design (industrial or engineering)
- Familiar with basic micro controller coding and slicing engines
- Outgoing personality and happy to deal with a variety of customers directly
- Comfortable with hands on workshop tasks including test rig construction
- Transferring customer requirements through to completed developments
- Managing delivery of multiple client projects
- Undertaking face to face client meetings
- General office duties and reporting
- Self-managing time
- Exhibitions, trade shows and sales support
The Location: Addition is based in Sheffield; a vibrant, creative city with a large technology sector and a heritage in quality manufacturing in close proximity to the Peak District National park and with excellent transport links to the region. Addition itself is based close to the M1, has bus links very close by and is a short walk from local shops with a café on site.
Why Should You Apply?
- Work creatively at the cutting edge of manufacturing
- Opportunities to take on significant responsibilities and drive our business forward with us
- Opportunities for on-the-job-training